Application Periods for 2023/24
Period 1: 15 Nov 2022 – 1 Feb 2023 (17:00 CEST)
Period 2: 15 Feb – 14 Apr 2023 (17:00 CEST)
December 13, 16:00 CET
International students graduating outside Italy need to submit also a local application through the Online Services of POLIMI for the local master degree in Mobility Engineering, in addition to the main application through the EIT Urban Mobility portal. Local applications to POLIMI open on 10 January 2023.
Non-EU citizens are strongly invited to apply in Period 1.
The local Polimi portal for non-EU international applicants closes on 2 March, before the EIT Urban Mobility deadline. If you are a non-EU applicant and you apply in Period 2, consider the anticipated local deadline on 2 March 2023 for your Polimi application.
The application procedures and deadlines differ according to the student’s nationality and country of bachelor studies. Consider your profile and follow the instructions in the proper tab below
Specific Instructions for International Applicants
If you intend to be evaluated for POLIMI as one possible entry destination in your EIT Urban Mobility study trajectory, in addition to the main EIT Urban Mobility application, you should submit also a local application through the Online Services of POLIMI for the master degree in Mobility Engineering.
Deadlines Period 1
In period 1, consider the following deadlines:
- EIT Urban Mobility Application (EU and non-EU citizens): from 15 November 2022 to 1 February 2023
- Polimi local application for International Students (EU and non-EU citizens): from 10 January 2023 to 1 February 2023
Deadlines Period 2
In period 2, consider the following deadlines:
- EIT Urban Mobility Application (EU and non-EU citizens): from 15 February to 14 April 2023
- Polimi local application for International Students (EU citizens): by 14 April 2023
- Polimi local application for International Students (non-EU citizens): by 2 March 2022 (anticipated deadline)
How to apply at Polimi level
Your local application through Polimi Online Services requires only a few steps and it’s done entirely online.
- First of all, you need to register for POLIMI Online Services: https://www.polimi.it/en/online-services/
- Then, fill out the online application form on POLIMI Online Services, labelled: “Apply to a Master of Science programme (only for international and Italian candidates graduated abroad): Submit online application form, results release and enrolment“
- All the EIT Urban Mobility candidates should apply for the local MSc programme in “Mobility Engineering” (regardless of the specific EIT study path)
- Upload the required documents (you can provide the same application documents that you are using for your EIT Urban Mobility application on the Master School portal: Bachelor’s documents, English certificate, Letter of motivation, Curriculum Vitae)
More information about the local application process can be found here.
EIT candidates don’t have to pay the local application fee to POLIMI, nor the administrative fee. Please, ignore the last step with the payment request and ignore any automated reminders/emails asking for the POLIMI application fee. As such, your local application is considered valid only for the EIT Urban Mobility programme and your admission to POLIMI is subordinated to the final results of the general EIT Urban Mobility selection process. Only if you intend to apply to Polimi for its local MSc programmes being evaluated independently of the EIT Urban Mobility Master School, or if you are applying also for other local master degrees not related to EIT, in these cases the Polimi’s application fee is due.
Specific Instructions for applicants with a bachelor (Laurea Triennale) from an Italian University
If you have (or if you are completing) the Laurea Triennale in Italy, you just need to apply through the EIT Urban Mobility Application Portal.
- EIT Urban Mobility application period 1: from 15 November 2022 to 1 February 2023
- EIT Urban Mobility application period 2: from 15 February 2023 to 14 April 2023
What you need to do
No additional local application to POLIMI is needed at this stage. Based on your main application through the EIT Urban Mobility portal, if you are successfully accepted to the Master School with Polimi as your first-year university, then we will follow up directly with you about the next steps for completing the enrolling at Polimi level. Registrations to Polimi open yearly from July to August, with enrolment in September.
For admitted students not graduated yet (conditionally enrolled), the bachelor degree is required by November 2023.
We strongly encourage you to get in touch in advance with our dedicated staff at Polimi, for any advice on your application, writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are available for orientation interviews and we may provide guidance along the admission process. Read more: useful information for Italian applicants
NOTICE: This programme at Polimi is most suited for applicants coming from engineering studies.
If you are a student from an Engineering bachelor degree (Laurea Triennale) at Politecnico di Milano, you can obtain the required academic documentation for your EIT application (proof of current enrolment or degree certificate, transcript of records with all the exams passed, etc.), writing an email to email@example.com. We offer dedicated support, let’s get in touch!
Should you need any further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Polimi Staff for EIT Urban Mobility Master School